Assessment Of Clinical Success Of Miniscrew Implants For Orthodontic Treatment: An Observational Study
Background: Miniscrews have brought a new perspective to orthodontic treatment due to their low cost, effectiveness and easy clinical management. To assess clinical success of mini screw implants for orthodontic treatment.
Materials & methods: A total of 20 subjects scheduled to undergo mini-screw implants as a part of orthodontic treatment were enrolled. Complete demographic details of all the patients were obtained. Clinical examination was done. Chi-square test was used for evaluation of level of significance.
Results: A total of 20 patients were enrolled. Mean age of the patients was 17.5 years. Right side was involved in mini-screw implant process in 55% of the patients. 70% of the patients were males while the remaining 30% were females. Maxillary arch was involved in 70% of the patients.
Conclusion: Mini screw implants for orthodontic treatment are accompanied by high success rate.